In this important episode, we follow-up on the topic of calling. What does it mean to be called? How do we know what our unique calling is? Is it the same as answering the age old question of “What do I want to do with my life?” How do we affirm it? Have you searched too? In Season 1 Episode 7 I shared about the process I went through in discovering my calling. Here we discuss this with Pastor John Wendel, a friend and missionary. He shares his experience, discusses mine, and reviews many dimensions that relate to all of us as we seek to come into the knowledge of purpose and calling and how they derive from our identity. “God uses the various avenues of life that a person finds themselves in.” But, “We all have different gifts, and we can choose to use them selflessly or selfishly. The words sound similar but they are worlds apart.” It may be difficult at times but “it’s worth it.”
There is a wealth of biblical insight and life experience shared here. We pray that many “calling seekers” will find the thoughts herein beneficial. John offers advice and important considerations while encouraging us to be discerning. It begins with a “deep desire to know God, deep searching prayer, and scripture”.
Please feel free to offer your comments. You can also reach us via the contact page with any questions. Also, be sure to subscribe to the email list so you will be informed of new releases and site news. Encourage your friends listen in as well.
Important resources I used while seeking my calling. Click on any of the links to learn more.
1) Unashamed to Bear His Name: Embracing the Stigma of Being a Christian
2) These Are the Days of Elijah: How God Uses Ordinary People to Do Extraordinary Things
3) What Should I Do with My Life?: The True Story of People Who Answered the Ultimate Question
4) Crossing the Unknown Sea: Work as a Pilgrimage of Identity
5) The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? ( Expanded Edition)
6) Fresh Encounter: God’s Plan for Your Spiritual Awakening
7) Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival